For those who want to read the papers
Find more papers about Drawing the Ideal Self and other topics
DiS and other PCP papers
- Drawing the Ideal Self Drawing the Ideal Self Moran, H. J. (2006). A very personal assessment: using a Personal Construct Psychology assessment technique (Drawing the Ideal Self) with young people with ASD to explore the child's view of the self. Good Autism Practice, 7(2), October 2006, pp. 78-86. (link)
- Moran H. J. (2005). Working with Angry Children. Pp. 83-98 in P. Cummins (Ed.), Working with Anger. A Constructivist Approach. Chichester: Wiley. (link)
- Moran, H. (2001). Who do you think you are? Drawing the Ideal Self: A technique to explore a child's sense of self. Clinical Psychology and Psychiatry, 6, pp. 599-604. (link)
- Moran, H. (1996). “Now that we know that, we can see what to do!” DECP Newsletter 72, April, pp. 36-39. The British Psychological Society Division of Educational and Child Psychology.
- Moran, H., Pathak, N. & Sharma, N. (2009). The mystery of the well-attended group. A model of Personal Construct Therapy for adolescent self-harm and depression in a community CAMHS service. Counselling Psychology Quarterly, 22, 347-359. (link)
- Moran, H. (2013). Treating the person, not the symptoms: Personal construct group therapy with adolescent girls. The Psychotherapist, 55, Autumn 2013, 24-25. (pdf link)
- Moran, H. (2006). Where anger rules. Counselling Children and Young People. Dec. 6-9. (Where Anger Rules 3215_ccyp_winter06b.pdf)
Variations of DiS by other psychologists
- Williams, J. (2020). Drawing the Ideal Safe School: an optimistic approach to returning to school. (link)
- Drawing the Ideal School
Williams, J & Hanke, D. (2007) 'Do you want to know what sort of school I want?': optimum features of school provision for pupils with autistic spectrum disorder Good Autism Practice, 8,2, 51-63.
- Morgan-Rose, F. (2015). The Ideal Classroom: Perspectives of Young People Attending a Nurture Group. (link)
How to use PCP in practice
- Cummins, P., and Moran, H. (2021). A Foundation Course in Personal Construct Psychology. The Coventry Course Handbook. (link)
- Moran, H. (2020). A Beginner's Guide to Personal Construct Therapy with Children and Young People. (link)
- Moran, H. (Ed.) (2014). Using Personal Construct Psychology with Children and Adolescents. (link)
- Moran, H. (2016). A workshop for parents and carers of children on the autism spectrum: Managing angry behaviour. Italian Journal of Constructivism, Vol. 4, No.1.Moran, H. (2014). Distinguishing between ASD and significant attachment problems using the Coventry Grid. BACCH News, ASD Special, March 2014, p.12. (link)
- Moran, H. J. (2010). Clinical observations of the differences between children in the autism spectrum and those with attachment problems: The Coventry Grid. Good Autism Practice, 11 (2), October 2010, pp. 46-59. (link)
- Moran, H., Smith, K., Meads, J. & Beck, M. (1996). Let's try that word again in a new way! Helping failing readers to learn high frequency words. British Journal of Special Education, 23, 172-175.