For those who want to read the papers
Find more papers about Drawing the Ideal Self and other topics
DiS and other PCP papers
- Drawing the Ideal Self Drawing the Ideal Self Moran, H. J. (2006). A very personal assessment: using a Personal Construct Psychology assessment technique (Drawing the Ideal Self) with young people with ASD to explore the child's view of the self. Good Autism Practice, 7(2), October 2006, pp. 78-86. (link)
- Moran H. J. (2005). Working with Angry Children. Pp. 83-98 in P. Cummins (Ed.), Working with Anger. A Constructivist Approach. Chichester: Wiley. (link)
- Moran, H. (2001). Who do you think you are? Drawing the Ideal Self: A technique to explore a child's sense of self. Clinical Psychology and Psychiatry, 6, pp. 599-604. (link)
- Moran, H. (1996). “Now that we know that, we can see what to do!” DECP Newsletter 72, April, pp. 36-39. The British Psychological Society Division of Educational and Child Psychology.
- Moran, H., Pathak, N. & Sharma, N. (2009). The mystery of the well-attended group. A model of Personal Construct Therapy for adolescent self-harm and depression in a community CAMHS service. Counselling Psychology Quarterly, 22, 347-359. (link)
- Moran, H. (2013). Treating the person, not the symptoms: Personal construct group therapy with adolescent girls. The Psychotherapist, 55, Autumn 2013, 24-25. (pdf link)
- Moran, H. (2006). Where anger rules. Counselling Children and Young People. Dec. 6-9. (Where Anger Rules 3215_ccyp_winter06b.pdf)
Variations of DiS by other psychologists
- Drawing the Ideal School
Williams, J & Hanke, D. (2007) 'Do you want to know what sort of school I want?': optimum features of school provision for pupils with autistic spectrum disorder Good Autism Practice, 8,2, 51-63.
- Morgan-Rose, F. (2015). The Ideal Classroom: Perspectives of Young People Attending a Nurture Group. http://etheses.bham.ac.uk/6239/1/MorganRose15ApEd%26ChildPsyD_Redacted.pdf
How to use PCP in practice
- Moran, H. (2014). Distinguishing between ASD and significant attachment problems using the Coventry Grid. BACCH News, ASD Special, March 2014, p.12. (link)
- Moran, H. J. (2010). Clinical observations of the differences between children in the autism spectrum and those with attachment problems: The Coventry Grid. Good Autism Practice, 11 (2), October 2010, pp. 46-59. (link)
- Moran, H., Smith, K., Meads, J. & Beck, M. (1996). Let's try that word again in a new way! Helping failing readers to learn high frequency words. British Journal of Special Education, 23, 172-175.